Weyerhaeuser Process Control Technician in AB, Canada
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
Weyerhaeuser Company is currently recruiting for a Process Control Technician (Control Room/Lab Tech) for our OSB facility located in Edson, AB.
We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic & a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
This position works 12 hours, (4) four on (4) four off, days and nights on rotating shifts.
- Performs quality activities in accordance with the Technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), including routine structural testing as prescribed by the mill's Quality Management System
- Performs routine quality assurance checks throughout the process and inspection of the finished product
- Understanding of mill process flow to safely and reliably direct and operate the mill through upset conditions
- Familiar with safety tools and systems such as hazard assessments, near misses, the courage to intervene, Lockout Tag Out, and confined space
- Promote the use of Process Reliability concepts throughout the mill
- Ensures the accuracy of records and appropriate documentation concerning quality and production
- Understanding of mill process flow to safely and reliability direct and operate the mill through upset mill conditions
Clear communication and assertiveness to direct others through upset mill conditions
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Eligible to work in Canada
- A post-secondary degree in Wood Technology or Science is an asset. In-lieu of degree, a combination of directly related experience and diploma will be considered
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills
- Capable of thinking logically and critically with excellent analytical skills
- Must work well independently or as part of a team
- Motivation, initiative, and a strong desire for personal growth and learning
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on continuous improvement, developing innovative ideas, and improving systems
- Ownership and commitment to safety and risk assessment
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Basic mechanical aptitude and process flow thinking to troubleshoot mill upsets
- Ability to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities.
When you join our team, you will earn competitive pay and benefits, including retirement plans and comprehensive health benefits. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor a host of diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career.
About Wood Products:
We have been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for nearly 120 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We are serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in the employment of women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: *Process Control Technician *
Requisition ID: 01015819