Weyerhaeuser Sales Development - Distribution in Albany, Oregon
Entry level sales developmental position. Working under close guidance with assigned mentors, this individual will be accountable for growing and strengthening their leadership skills and general business understanding of the sales and operations of a building products distribution center, and other major functional areas, through a detailed 12-month development plan including hands-on learning, operational rotations, and successful completion of process improvement projects.
The successful individual will be assigned to the next role once development is successfully completed and a suitable assignment is identified that meets business needs.
- Develop safety leadership skills
- Structured 12-month rotation through operational areas of the distribution center
- Projects and assignments to promote active learning and contribute to distribution center’s successful performance
- Exposure to metrics, reliability and process improvement projects
- Broad exposure to Sales, Operations, Finance and Wood Products Manufacturing,
- Develop Front Line Leader skills
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related discipline
- Willingness to adapt to strong safety culture and ensure safe and efficient execution of work
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through in a fast-paced results –oriented environment
- Strong desire to learn building material sales, distribution operations, develop leadership capabilities and possess desire to progress in organization
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and other windows-based programs
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience/knowledge project management
- Capability to prioritize work activities, assignments, demands and flexibility to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborative teaming
- Courage to challenge status quo and deliver results
- Excellent work ethic, strong time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to relocate outside of the region for position opportunities and/or cross-business development, a plus
About our Wood Products Distribution Business:
We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it.
Our experienced operations team with over 40 LEAN greenbelts provides a safe and efficient delivery service. About our Wood Products Business We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Sales Development - Distribution
Requisition ID: 01018325