Weyerhaeuser Production Supervisor in BC, Canada
Weyerhaeuser’s Princeton Lumber Division in BC is offering an opportunity as a Production Supervisor Trainee. This is a full time salaried position reporting to the Mill Manager. Relocation benefits are available.
The key objective will be for you to develop your skills as a Production Supervisor and be able to run your own shift. Working under close guidance with assigned mentors, this individual will be accountable for growing and strengthening their leadership abilities, technical skills and general business understanding of the manufacturing processes and operations of a Wood Products mill, and other major functional areas.
Key Functions:* * Learn and develop front line leadership skills, including being a leader in working safely * Must supervise a production crew of approximately 15-20 people in a lumber manufacturing facility once completing onboarding * Receive and provide active feedback with all employees * Projects and assignments to promote active learning and contribute to mill’s successful performance * Provide individual contributions through exposure to metrics, reliability and process improvement projects * Demonstrate your capacity to grow within the organization
- Must be a graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program in business, wood science, forestry, engineering, science or related discipline
- Willingness to adapt to a strong safety culture and ensure safe and efficient execution of work
- Proven ability to develop partnerships and collaborative teaming
- Ability to exercise good judgment in setting priorities and follow-through in a fast-paced results –oriented environment
- Strong desire to learn manufacturing processes, develop leadership capabilities and progress in the organization through a hands-on supervisor role
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite and other windows based programs
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Capability to prioritize work activities, assignments and demands, and flexibility to adapt to changes
- Strong analytical skills
- Courage to challenge status quo and deliver results
- Excellent work ethic, strong time management and organizational skills
- Willingness to relocate for this and potential future opportunities at other Weyerhaeuser facilities to enhance career development About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser* We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01012663