Weyerhaeuser Recruiter - Regional in BC, Canada
*You are an experienced recruiting professional *who doesn’t shy away from a hard to fill role in a remote location. You’re adept at strategizing and just as eager to get the work done. You love to collaborate, but also enjoy working alone when needed. You’re a curious, determined solution-finder who is motivated to achieve excellence. Are you ready to join us?
We are a fun, fast-moving team responsible for bringing the top talent into Weyerhaeuser. We strive to continually improve our hiring process to ensure candidate and hiring manager satisfaction.
In this role, you will build relationships with hiring managers and HR managers across the organization, but you will be specifically assigned to one of our regions. Your task is to earn trust by guiding a manager through the hiring process and consistently delivering results. You could be asked to put together a recruiting strategy to help drive overall traffic to the role. You could be asked to directly source on a role and/or develop the screening process for a specific role.
Primary Responsibilities * Provide direct support to the hiring team throughout the hiring process. This includes posting roles, creating pre-screening questions, sourcing candidates, applicant tracking, ensuring compliance, and screening. * Develop sourcing strategies and advertising efforts to increase visibility to job openings. This also includes staying current on online job boards, industry news, and recruiting trends. Ensuring that all outreach efforts are aligned with the Weyerhaeuser brand. * Be seen as a true subject matter expert on all things recruiting, especially in the Canadian market. * Assist on a variety of projects related to staffing and sourcing. Assist with the development and execution of recruiting strategies with the Talent Acquisition team.
This position will be located within our Canadian region, we are looking for someone to work remotely, but the successful applicant will need to reside in either British Columbia or Alberta.
- Experience:At least 3-5 years of prior recruiting experience in Canada, preferably within manufacturing. We would also love to see prior agency and corporate recruiting experience. Understanding of Canadian Employment Laws that pertain to hiring.
- Breadth:We’re looking for a well-rounded professional with a creative mind that loves the full-cycle recruiting model.
- Drive:Good enough is not good enough for us. We’re looking for people who achieve and take pride in excellence.
- Core Skills:Sourcing, of course. Someone who isn’t afraid of cold calling candidates and knows where to turn when a job board is a dead end. Creativity. Someone who can think outside the box when recruiting a hard to fill role. Relationship Building. Someone who can quickly build trust with a team of hiring managers. Technically savvy. We work within a variety of systems and seem to always be adding more.
- Soft Skills:Acting with urgency. Simplifying. Problem-solving. Being flexible. Exercising sound judgment. Listening.
- Technical Skills:Prior ATS experience, preferably Taleo. Comfortable learning and utilizing vendor websites (background checks, drug tests, job boards, etc.) Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- Education:Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Certifications:CHRP, RPR, ACIR, HRPA, CSSR and PCR certifications are great assets to the resume!
- Travel: This role does not have a defined amount of travel, but does require the occasional visit to our corporate office in Seattle, WA and various field locations. /This position will report to the Manager of Talent Acquisition. / / /
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality
Title: Recruiter - Regional
Requisition ID: 01012830
Other Locations: CAN-Alberta, CAN-British Columbia