Weyerhaeuser Inside Sales Representative in Carrollton, Texas
The Inside Sales Rep (ISR) is an office-based sales role within the Distribution business, tasked with maintaining and growing relationships with building materials dealers, National Accounts, specialty retailers and remanufacturers. Individual will be part of integrated sales team that is focused on meeting customer expectations and be involved in day to day business solutions.
These are some of the ISR's primary functions:
- Calling on an established customer base and prospective customers via telephone to sell Weyerhaeuser Dallas full range of products, which includes engineered lumber, plywood, OSB, Lumber and Specialty products.
- Acting as point of contact with suppliers for product information to assist with customer requests and pull through sales.
- ISRs have demonstrated passion for achieving sales growth with the following approaches:
- Making outgoing calls to profitably grow sales to independent dealers, national accounts, specialty retailers and remanufacturers.
- Interacting frequently with dealer personnel, including buyers, sellers and sales managers.
- Execution of promotions and specials that assist with capturing sales.
- Facilitating the execution of market pull through activities.
- Coordinating with Weyerhaeuser Dealer Sales Reps to develop and implement effective customer strategies, ensure follow up on sales opportunities, and resolve sales and service issues.
- Coordinating with Customer Service Reps, Inventory Specialists and Sales Operations to ensure accurate order processing, consistent product availability and on-time deliveries.
- Gathering and sharing market intelligence and providing input regarding product mix, pricing, inventory levels and demand outlook.
This position will be part of an office-based team. The option to work remote is only approved in temporary circumstances as deemed necessary by COVID-19 protocols
A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in sales (experience in the building materials is preferred)
- Strong building materials product knowledge
- Strong communication skills
- Proven ability to develop and nurture strong customer relationships
- Excellent selling skills
- Working effectively in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability effectively handle multiple priorities
- Proven ability and commitment to work safely
- Ability to influence customer's buying decisions.
- Confidence and self-motivation to initiate sales calls, ask for the order and overcome objections.
- Proficient computer skills and ability to learn new software.
- Strong knowledge of factors influencing profitability, including pricing, margin, costs and working capital management.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About our Wood Products Distribution Business.
We have over 48,000 SKUs from over 300 suppliers of structural framing materials and specialty building products for residential, multi-family and light commercial markets. Our team of on-the-ground sales and support has the industry reach, experience and knowledge to help grow your business. We’ll get you what you need, when you need it.
Our experienced operations team with over 40 LEAN greenbelts provides a safe and efficient delivery service. About our Wood Products Business We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Title: Inside Sales Representative
Requisition ID: 01017212