Weyerhaeuser Team Leader (Production Supervisor) in Cottage Grove, Oregon
GROWING OUR TEAM
Join Weyerhaeuser Cottage Grove Lumber
Make a Difference
Weyerhaeuser, in Cottage Grove, OR has an open position for a Team Leader (Production Supervisor). This position is salaried and includes a full benefits package, including low-cost health insurance, and 401(k) company contribution of 5% and company match up to 3%.
- An emphasis on safety
- Excellent wages and benefits
- Opportunities to learn and grow
The training period (length of time TBD) will consist of learning the business, spending time with people in various roles, coaching, feedback, and on-the-job training. This will involve job shadowing other Team Leaders who work various shifts, so you must be available to work any shift. At the end of the training period, you’ll be assigned to a shift – no choice on which one.
To be a successful at Weyerhaeuser, the following characteristics are required:
- Leadership capability, particularly with regard to Weyerhaeuser’s safety culture
- Ability to connect and communicate with people in all roles in the business
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing business conditions
- Ability to drive improvement and solve difficult problems
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
- Available ANY shift ANY day of the week including NIGHTS and WEEKENDS. NO exceptions!
- Be able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, work from heights, and in confined/restricted areas
- Be able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, climb steps and ladders, and stand or work for 4 hours as needed to supervise hourly employees working 10 or 13 hour shifts
- Be available outside of shift for 8-week periods of time for weekly online meetings to evaluate new hires and occasional 1-4 hour in person trainings
- Ideal Candidates will have:
- Wood products experience
- Experience as a lead person or other leadership role
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Team Leader (Production Supervisor)
Location: OR-Cottage Grove
Requisition ID: 01018313