Weyerhaeuser Area Manager - Mid-Coast in Dallas, Oregon
Western Timberlands has an opening for an Area Manager in the Willamette Valley region with the Mid-Coast woods operations team. This position is based out of Dallas, Oregon, and reports to the Willamette Valley Region Manager. The Mid-Coast operating area is 229,710 acres and a team of 10 salaried staff. This role is responsible for the leadership and execution of the Mid-Coast strategic operating plan in alignment with the Company’s values and direction.
The role is responsible for management of safety, environmental stewardship, quality, production, and costs associated with the Area operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- As the business leader for the area, responsibilities include: oversight of all operational activities and business results for the team; the finances (budgeting, tracking revenue and cost performance); the culture for how that work is completed; practicing effective communication; establishing and maintaining efficient processes as necessary; and to drive alignment for crisp execution as a team.
- Champion of our values, vision, mission, and regional roadmaps including safety, environmental stewardship, business ethics, operational excellence, inclusion, innovation, customer value and people development.
- Set clear expectations, manage measurable and time bound goal setting, provide continuous feedback by communicating affirmation of progress and concerns early, resolve issues.
- Collaborate by partnering across organizational/functional boundaries to optimize the entire supply chain, drive operational excellence and replicate best practices.
- Serve as the site representative and work as a transparent, inclusive, collaborative, and accountable team member on the Willamette Valley Region Team, which includes representatives from other areas and functional teams (e.g., planning, marketing, logistics).
- Work involves spending time in the field to ensure alignment with staff and contractor base.
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
- Four-year degree preferred and minimum 8 years related job experience.
- Successfully utilize leadership skills to engage a diverse organization, drive continuous improvement, develop people, and create a great place to work.
- Get results through effective collaboration and utilization of resources across the business, region and outside stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen, including the use of key financial and business metrics to identify opportunities and drive results.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills; proven ability to build, support and guide change initiatives through others.
- Proficient presenter, communicator and user of MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license is required, as work involves driving company vehicles on rough roads (25,000 miles per year).
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Area Manager - Mid-Coast
Requisition ID: 01018315