Weyerhaeuser Forestry Development Professional in De Queen, Arkansas
Weyerhaeuser has an opening within their Southern Timberlands business. This is a Full Time, Exempt position. Relocation benefits are available for this and subsequent positions.
Background:Entry level developmental position that assists with land management, procurement and harvesting activities in a team-oriented environment. Generally, works under close guidance with assigned mentors and a detailed development plan.
Key Information:This is a developmental role which will typically encompass 12-18 months of intensive training and hands-on work. Individual will apply for the next role once development is successfully completed and a suitable role is posted. This will most likely require a relocation to a different geography in the south. (Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, North Carolina, or Virginia.)
Key Functions:Safely learn and perform various responsibilities that may include map reading, working with legal descriptions, carrying out Best Management Practices (BMP's), fire suppression, surveying, basic cruising, pest management, photo interpretation, and public relations. Gain knowledge and experience through a willingness to learn Weyerhaeuser forestry practices such as: inventory systems, prescriptions, contract administration, Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI), negotiation skills, knowledge of equipment capabilities, knowledge of soil characteristics, and knowledge of tree physiology. Gain knowledge and experience through a willingness to learn the harvesting function including contractor management and related activities as well as procurement function including purchase of stumpage through various processes.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in Forestry or related field by June 2021
- Hands-on field experience in field forestry activities and field experience desirable
- Basic forestry skills as well as knowledge of state, federal, safety, wildlife, water and forest practice rules/statutes
- Willingness to abide by established safety standards
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint and use of hand-held data recorders
- Excellent communication skills-both oral and written
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and problem-solving skills
- Experience in project management and contract administration
- Capability to prioritize work activities and assignments
- Willingness and skills to support the work needs of the team outside your area of assigned responsibility
- Good teaming skills including the ability and willingness to work in a diverse team environment
- Excellent work ethic
- Basic math skills
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Willingness and ability to work in remote locations under extreme and changing weather conditions
- Willingness to flow to work as needed
We believe trees are a remarkable resource that can and should be managed responsibly to make a range of products that meet human needs, while also providing recreation, wildlife habitat, and other important ecosystem benefits.
For more than a century, we've been taking care of forests to make life better.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Forestry Development Professional
Location: AR-De Queen
Requisition ID: 01015766