Weyerhaeuser Engineer 1 (EIT) in Dierks, Arkansas
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest organizations in the world. We've been in business for nearly 120 years and believe strongly in our core values of safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion, which has awarded us being named as one of the World's most Ethical Companies over 10 times.
Weyerhaeuser’s Dierks, Lumber manufacturing mill is seeking an Entry Level Engineer to be an integral member of the site leadership team. The selected candidate will work under the supervision of a diverse team of Reliability Leaders primarily dividing their time on improving engineering design issues that include resolving inefficiency opportunities at various machine centers across the site, preparing design, approvals as well as project management activities, supporting industry activities and developing specific Project Plans to further support Continuous improvements in Uptime, Rate, Ease of Maintainability and Operations. Other engineering responsibilities will include supporting drawing development with ACAD and other applications and product manufacturing activities.
The successful candidate is one who displays a can-do attitude in a dynamic work environment, is a creative self-starter that enjoys learning and problem solving, prides themselves on accuracy of work, and strives to create an injury-free high productivity environment. A team player with strong inter-personal skills is essential. This position is located in Dierksm Arkansas and may require some limited travel as dictated by assignments.
- Actively participate in a safety-driven workplace culture
- Work independently or under the supervision of Others:
- Developing Engineering solutions to improve rate, uptime and efficiency at all Machine Centers
- Resolving technical design/flow problems
- Preparing project scope, budget and managing within this process
Supporting and enhancing manufacturing activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or associated fields in engineering from an accredited institution required-
- Critical thinker with a desire to become an integral part of our team
- Highly motivated and organized individual who excels in a dynamic team environment
- Goal-oriented attention to detail and deadlines
- Willingness to safely participate in a results-based culture
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work within CMMS systems, SAP, Etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Functional knowledge of AutoCAD or related drafting software preferred
- Functional knowledge of Visual Basic macro development in Excel preferred
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: Engineer 1 (EIT)
Requisition ID: 01018312