Weyerhaeuser Professional Development Candidate in Drayton Valley, Alberta
At Weyerhaeuser, our focus is as much on building our people as building our business. We are committed to creating an environment where individuals can flourish, diversities encouraged, and communities supported. We are one of the premier integrated forest products organizations in the world. At Weyerhaeuser, we are always looking for people who can contribute, grow, think, and create! Our associates are the real reason we have been in business for over 120 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest and premium timber, land, and forest products company in the world.
Professional Development Candidate ( PDC)
The successful candidate will be involved in supporting the operations team to meet team-based forest operational goals. Primary responsibilities will include Purchase wood, harvest block and road layout, supervision of harvest, haul, road construction and maintenance activities. Safety and environmental leadership along with cost management are important components of this role. Work associated with this position is primarily field based. This opportunity is based in Edson, Alberta.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure a high level of safety and environmental performance is maintained within our Contractor Workforce.
- Contract and Purchase Wood management/supervision/negotiation
- Ensure contracts are completed as per the expectations of plans and that log quality meets our specifications
- Forecast and track deliveries to meet inventory targets
- Ensure road and landuse approvals are in place for harvest/haul efficiency
- Liaison with government officials
- Work cooperatively with planning foresters, silviculture foresters, road/landuse department and the manufacturing facilities
- Ensure harvesting meets SFI expectations
- Lead projects for various teams as need arises
Requirements of a successful candidate:
- Strong commitment to safety leadership and environmental values
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to register with College of Alberta Professional Foresters, or College of Alberta Professional Forest Technologists
- 3 years of forest industry experience would be an asset
About Edson, Alberta:
Edson is a beautiful town in west-central Alberta, located in Yellowhead County. The town has a population of 8,414 (2016 Municipal Census) and offers a full range of indoor and outdoor recreational and cultural facilities. Edson is strategically located on Highway 16, the Trans Canada Yellowhead Route approximately 180 kilometers west of Edmonton and only a short hour drive to world famous Jasper National Park. For more information please see www.edson.ca
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core valuesand we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Professional Development Candidate
Location: CAN-AB-Drayton Valley
Requisition ID: 01017217