Weyerhaeuser Multi-craft Maintenance Team Member II in Grifton, North Carolina
Weyerhaeuser's Wood Products manufacturing facility in Greenville, NC has an opportunity for experienced individuals to join our Industrial Maintenance team. A successful candidate will have prior industrial experience, electrical and mechanical aptitude and be willing and eager to invest time and energy in training. Including self-study on their own time to gain the skills and knowledge necessary to be an industrial maintenance mechanic. Pay will range from $23.90-25.83 per hour based on experience.
The successful candidate will participate in self-study and on the job training to enable them to perform the following maintenance functions:
- Highly skilled mechanical maintenance tasks including installation.
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. This may include, but not limited to, such equipment as motors, pneumatic, hydraulic and conveyor systems.
- Troubleshooting electrical systems including PLCs, variable drives and field devices.
- Troubleshoot and replace electrical motors.
- In downtime situations, must be able to analyze cause of breakdown with equipment.
- Must also determine and carry out maintenance of repair actions required to return the equipment to effective operating conditions.
- Must lubricate and clean parts, perform maintenance planning, layout work, welding and metal fabrication as required.
- Follow and adhere to safety lockout procedures and strictly adhere to plant safety rules as well as follow excellent housekeeping practices to help maintain a clean work environment.
- Willing and able to work a straight weekend schedule.
Willing and able to work holidays on an as needed basis.
Must be proficient in the use of hand and power tools and precision measuring and test instruments
- Experienced in pneumatic, hydraulic, and conveyor systems
- Excellent skills in root cause analysis
- Skilled in all aspects of electrical maintenance
- All applicants must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Stable employment history with a minimum of three (3) years of experience in the Industrial Maintenance field OR equivalent education to include vocational/technical school certificate
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Good communication skills
- Must be team oriented
- Commitment to follow all unit electrical/maintenance practices
- Willingness to work any shift, including weekends and holidays
- Willingness and ability to wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold
- Willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills
- Willingness to work in Greenville, NC without requiring relocation assistance
- All applicants are strongly encouraged to upload a resume detailing education and job history
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Vocational or technical/trade school certificate or education
- Past employment experience in a manufacturing environment
- Past employment in a wood manufacturing facility
- Proficient in precision measuring equipment
- Experience with Allen Bradley products highly preferred
- Previous experience with SAP or other CMMS
Post Application Requirements:
- Successful completion of pre-employment computer-based testing
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Multi-craft Maintenance Team Member II
Requisition ID: 01015708