Weyerhaeuser Multi-Craft Maintenance Apprentice in Heaters, West Virginia
The Weyerhaeuser OSB mill in Sutton, WV has an opening for a Multi-Craft Maintenance Apprentice. The role requires being mechanically inclined with basic mechanical and electrical skills. This position will start at a Level 1 in maintenance.
Key Functions: * Required to learn highly skilled mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks including: Installation and repair of electrical machinery and instrumentation. ' * Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment. This may include, but not limited to, such equipment as * motors, pneumatic, hydraulic and conveyor systems. * Reading Blue Prints and Schematics * In downtime situations, must be able to analyze cause of breakdown with equipment. * Must also determine and carry out maintenance of repair actions required to return the equipment to effective operating conditions. * Must lubricate and clean parts, perform maintenance planning, layout work and welding as required. Will be a part of lubrication team for duration of apprenticeship. * Completes PMs * Follow and adhere to safety lockout procedures and strictly adhere to plant safety rules as well as follow excellent - housekeeping practices to help maintain a clean work environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 1-2 years of industrial experience
- Basic mechanical and electrical knowledge and experience
- Trouble shooting skills
- Must be willing to work all shifts including weekends
- Willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an environment containing wood dust and extreme heat or cold are required in order to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability & willingness to learn and increase knowledge
- Must pass APT test for entry into maintenance department
- Required to pass advanced APT test to move to full maintenance at end of apprenticeship
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a group.
- Able and willing to commit to the program for 4 years and complete all aspects of Apprenticeship program
- Must be able to complete the required online training
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ // *M
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Multi-Craft Maintenance Apprentice
Requisition ID: 01013132