Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician 3 or better (Plywood) in Kalispell, Montana
Weyerhaeuser is seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility. Weyerhaeuser’s Montana Wood Products is currently looking for an Industrial Electrician to join our Kalispell Plywood facility. A qualified candidate would have a thorough comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes and techniques to safely repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and high-tech manufacturing equipment.
At Weyerhaeuser, we offer positions with on-the-job training, continued growth potential and a career limited only by you. We continually strive to develop and promote talent from within while offering stable employment with excellent pay and benefits. Our manufacturing facilities are highly automated and utilize many leading-edge technologies in the wood products industry.
Key Functions * Support manufacturing by maximizing plant uptime and providing support for all facility systems in a safe manner, while contributing to corporate, plant, and departmental goals * Work with a team of electricians and millwrights to troubleshoot and repair complex electrical problems, deliver preventative and routine maintenance on plant equipment, create innovative solutions to complex issues and work on capital projects * Perform maintenance tasks involving troubleshooting, repairing, upgrading and installations of equipment and production electrical systems with minimal supervision or direction * Read and interpret blueprints, electrical schematics and ladder logic * Exemplify and promote exceptional safety standards; including but not limited to performing independent safety audits and attending monthly safety meetings * Manage work orders; modify equipment specifications; track, print/issue and update PM’s (preventative maintenance) through Tabware
- Associates Degree in Electrical Maintenance preferred
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience as an Industrial Electrician required
- High School Diploma or GED required Additional Skills
- Commitment to actively promoting and exhibiting a caring safety culture
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written
- Knowledge of the National Electrical Code and ability to apply their requirements daily. Possess solid understanding of electrical safety
- Knowledge and proficiency in reading and interpreting blueprints, electrical schematics, ladder logic, and equipment manuals. Ability to troubleshoot control systems containing photo eyes, proximity switches, and limit switches.
- Experience working with equipment such as: hand tools; drills, saws; conduit equipment; amp probe, megohmmeter, oscilloscope, and other electrical test equipment; computer for control in manufacturing plant and mill.
- Possess strong mechanical abilities to facilitate equipment repair and replacement of current machine components and the installation of electrical automation and components
- Working knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Sense of urgency in terms of maximizing production and minimizing down time is necessary in this type of manufacturing environment
- Tasks performed involve work with equipment and materials that require familiarity with formal safety procedures and ability to follow these procedures to maintain the safety of the work environment
- Possess above average computer skills and computer systems knowledge, and the willingness to continually learn new applications
- Experience or ability to use a computerized maintenance management application/system
- Ability to work closely with supervisors and other departments; willingness to learn new things; be a team player/leader; good communications skills and demonstrate a positive attitude
- Self-starter with the ability and willingness to complete the designated TPC courses for the required advancement in the electrical progression
- Willingness to work any shift, work overtime and weekends Post Application Requirements
- Successful completion of pre-employment background check and drug screen About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / / / /*M/
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician 3 or better (Plywood)
Requisition ID: 01013235