Weyerhaeuser Safety Manager in Lebanon, Oregon
Weyerhaeuser is seeking a qualified Safety Manager to join our team in Lebanon, Oregon. As a Safety Manager you will provide support and guidance for continuous improvement to reduce safety and health risks, occupational hazards, environmental risks, accident rates, and worker’s compensation costs; and respond appropriately to non-compliance situations and issues, and anticipate problems before they occur. If you have a passion for what you do, a strong drive to achieve results, the ability to solve problems creatively, and a dedication to safety, come join us.
This role requires a highly motivated, people-oriented person for the proactive, practical application of safety commitment to the operation and to the day-to-day behaviors of all team members in a state-of-the-art lumber production environment. This position will have accountability for establishing reliable methods for improving safety performance; nourishing a culture in which safety is an overriding value in all activities and in which every team member assumes accountability for safety. This position reports to the Mill Manager, with responsibilities to the Regional Safety Manager.
Responsibilities: * Ensure systems are in place for an effective safety program while maintaining compliance with regulatory/corporate guidelines, applicable record keeping, reporting, and safety trend analysis. * Role model all standards/processes and on-the-job behavior by living our core principles of integrity, fairness, & creating a positive inclusive safe work environment. * Involve and engage team members in developing associate-driven safety plans, to include safety processes and performance measures. * Conduct frequent inspections and identify current and future safety challenges. * Work successfully within a union environment with union-selected safety leaders. * Motivate and inspire personnel to support safety vision. * Be proactive and assertive and work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines. * Demonstrate high level of integrity, strong work ethic, good judgment and problem solving skills.
- Two years of related professional experience in occupational health and safety.
- Two years experience with OSHA regulations, accident investigation, and safety training.
- Two years managing workers’ compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Knowledge of chemical and Safety Data Sheet (SDS) systems management.
- Intermediate level proficiency using a personal computer (PC) and company communication tools, such as email, internet, and Microsoft products (e.g., Word, Excel, Office, Outlook).
- Experience leading a successful safety program.
- Experience completing internal safety compliance audits/reviews.
- Willing to work nights, weekends, and holidays on an as needed/occasional basis.
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen, background check, and physical after job offer.
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree, preferablyin Safety & Environmental Health or related field.
- Five years’ experience in a wood products manufacturing plant OR five years as a salaried supervisor. About Our Wood Products Business Serving the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, our Wood Products businesses manufacture a wide range of structural framing materials and provides seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. These teams move fast, work smart and never stop pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
About Weyerhaeuser We grow trees and make forest products that improve lives in fundamental ways. Our wood products are used to build homes, where families are sheltered and raised. Our cellulose fibers are used to make diapers and other hygiene products that keep people clean and healthy. We innovate to use trees in products you may not expect, such as fabric, plastics and energy. At Weyerhaeuser, we’re working together to be the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/
Job: *Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality
Title: Safety Manager
Requisition ID: 01013090