Weyerhaeuser HR Generalist in Longview, Washington
This position is an integral part of the Human Resources team that supports Weyerhaeuser’s operations in Washington. Primary work for this role will be to support the Western Timberlands’ business, with flex to provide support to our area Wood Products mills. This is a full-time position based out of Longview, WA, reporting into the Timberlands HR team. Salary level dependent on qualifications and experience.
Key Functions:* * Support recruiting and staffing efforts for business units. * Liaison for Affirmative Action Planning process with HR Managers. * Focal for queries and reports regarding people data management. * Responsible for coordinating Peoplesoft tree management/changes with Human Resources Management System. * Assist with coordinating compensation cycle, salary administration programs and annual performance management processes. * Work with third party vendor to respond to unemployment claims. * Assist HR managers with troubleshooting Employee Service Center, Talent Management, payroll or other employee issues. * Maintain record retention and document filing system. * Support the design and implementation of HR programs and leadership initiatives and assist with HR related trainings. * Research concerns/complaints; may help with investigations and work with leadership to resolve as appropriate. * Work with HR team in providing strategic HR support to client group and serve as “back-up” as appropriate. * Other duties and projects as assigned. * This Generalist position will allow for development and future growth as HR support for the businesses. You will be building strong partnerships with employees, business leaders and our HR team as you work on the day-to-day issues that come with this role. The successful candidate will be mentored and receive broad exposure over time to Weyerhaeuser’s Timberlands and Wood Products businesses.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum of one to two years Human Resources or related experience. PHR or HR Certification is an asset.
- Must be competent with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook). Prior PeopleSoft experience is a plus.
- Results oriented; sense of urgency in responding to business needs, with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills with employees at various levels of the organization.
- Acts with urgency. Strives for simplicity and exercises sound judgement.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, including project and time management.
- Excellent communication skills. Good listener and collaborator.
- High degree of integrity and strong work ethic.
- Flexible to work across a large geographical area, which may include occasional overnight travel.
- Ability to thrive in an office and field environment, which includes intermittent visits to woods operations and mill sites.
- Interest and commitment to growing and developing as a future leader. About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality
Title: HR Generalist
Requisition ID: 01013230