Weyerhaeuser Production Supervisor in Magnolia, Mississippi
Our McComb, MS lumber mill has an immediate opening for a Production Supervisor. This is a full-time, salaried exempt position and provides excellent growth potential and opportunities for advancement.
As Production Supervisor, you will lead a shift of hourly associates to achieve excellence in safety, quality and production. You will also be responsible for safely planning, organization, delivering operational objectives, and coordinating with Maintenance to drive continuous improvement in the manufacturing process.
Our state-of-the-art mill produces high-quality Southern Yellow Pine lumber used for residential construction throughout the Southern USA. We are proud of our reputation for manufacturing excellence and continuous improvement!
In this role you will:
- Act as a role model for our core values: Safety, Integrity, Citizenship, and Sustainability
- Involve and engage associates, support ongoing safety initiatives, and strive for an injury-free work environment
- Pro-actively work to identify, and assist in resolving, safety, quality, and productivity issues
- Develop crewing schedules and training assignments to meet production and cost goals
- Provide effective coaching, feedback, and discipline as required to improve the performance of the team
- Act as a mediator to resolve associate issues and concerns in a fair, consistent and timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state and local laws, regulations and policies
- Conduct crew meetings and training
Responsible for payroll accuracy of direct reports, including approval process
Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Forestry, Business, Industrial Engineering, or related degree OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 years' experience in a supervisory or key leadership role (production experience preferred)
- Track record of achieving superior results both independently and through others
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
- Competent computer skills, including Microsoft Office and other Windows based programs
- Strong planning, organization and facilitation skills
- Willing and able to work all shifts, including weekends
- Willing to work or be assigned to any department
- Sawmill experience or other wood products manufacturing experience
- Working knowledge of business and financial concepts
- Understanding of labor law and requirements
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01015325