Weyerhaeuser Raw Materials Rep - McComb, MS in Magnolia, Mississippi
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't just the trees and timberlands we oversee. Weyerhaeuser, is a leader in the world's structural frame market with innovative products, systems, and services for use in a variety of residential, commercial and industrial applications worldwide. We're looking for people who can contribute, grow, think and create! We thrive in a culture that embraces diversity and rewards innovation. Our associates are the real reason we've been in business for over 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the largest manufacturers and distributors of wood products in the world.
The Raw Materials Representative is responsible for wood procurement and/or contract administration supporting the Holden and McComb Lumber Mill as part of the Weyerhaeuser’s Wood Products operation. As a Raw Materials Representative you will be responsible for purchasing, harvesting, and marketing raw material standing timber to support solid wood manufacturing.
The position is located in McComb, MS and reports to the site Raw Materials Manager.
Key Functions * Purchasing standing timber assets * Negotiation, administration, development, and/or supervision of contracts, contractors, and timber appraisal employees * Harvest planning, contract negotiation/administration, sales, and delivery of raw materials from harvest of standing timber assets * Management of quality systems that ensure compliance with customer specifications * Accountable for cruise accuracy and reliability
- BS in forestry, BS/BA in a related field, or AS in forestry with two (2) years of related experience
- Commitment to working safe and managing employee/contractor safety performance/safety process improvement.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Basic understanding of statistics.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to perform accurate timber cruises and appraisals.
- Ability to recon timber, use aerial photography, and design cruises resulting in accurate timber appraisals.
- Knowledge and understanding of competitive bid data analysis, vendor wood prices, and competitor information to develop raw material strategies.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to use cost, volume, quality and other supplier data to evaluate performance.
- Ability to recognize conformance to safety, environmental, labor and transportation concepts.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries and manage vendors/suppliers.
- Valid driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Successful completion of background investigation and drug screen.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Raw Materials Rep - McComb, MS
Requisition ID: 01016207