Weyerhaeuser Craftsman (Planer Mill) in Millport, Alabama
Weyerhaeuer is currently seeking a Craftsman at our mill in Millport, AL. Millport is a quaint town located approximately 50 miles northwest of Tuscaloosa, AL. The Millport area is perfect for anyone who enjoys living in a personal, tight-knit community - with the advantages of close proximity to outdoor recreational activities, shopping, dining and collegiate activities. Weyerhaeuser's Millport, AL lumber manufacturing facility is looking for a skilled Equipment Operator to fill Craftsman openings within our Night Shift Planer Mill. This role will work night shift, to include 2-3 Sundays per month with 3 days off (rotating off days). The starting rate for this role is $20.26
Company paid relocation is not available for this position.
- Relieve all work stations within the department and perform at production rates.
- Coordinate the flow of production and help where needed.
- Perform quality control checks and works with appropriate persons to make necessary adjustments.
- Perform basic preventive maintenance on equipment, including saw and/or knife changes.
- Work with maintenance team members to troubleshoot and repair equipment as necessary.
- Provide leadership within the work team.
- Build and maintain positive team relationships with team members
- Successfully train others in the operation of equipment in the department.
- Removing jams and resolve other production flow problems.
Assist in maintaining housekeeping standards.
Able to work safely and follow all company policies and procedures
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience operating equipment in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good decision making skills.
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections, perform basic preventive maintenance and assist maintenance in troubleshooting/improving equipment
- Able to monitor flow of material to and from the machine center and make adjustments as necessary to ensure production quality and quantity standards are met
- Able to perform basic calculations
- Ability to operate complex machinery
- Successful completion of assessment process, background check and post-offer pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Able to work any shift, weekends, overtime, holidays as needed
- Able to work rotating schedule which will include 2-3 Sundays per month
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Able to complete mobile equipment training
- Able to perform all essential job function, which includes changing saws/knives, lifting 2-20 pounds regularly, lifting up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height and in tight spaces, and standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours.
- Resume detailing your education and work history required.
The following qualifications are preferred:
- Previous lumber manufacturing experience
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Craftsman (Planer Mill)
Requisition ID: 01017221