Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician in Millport, Alabama
Weyerhaeuser is currently upgrading its 8-foot lumber manufacturing facility in Millport, AL to a new, state-of-the-art random length sawmill. We are beginning our adventure to a high-tech, fast paced sawmill experience. Join us now and be a part of the journey to the future of lumber manufacturing!
The Millport, AL lumber manufacturing facility is looking for skilled Industrial Electricians with a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes and techniques to repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and high-tech lumber manufacturing equipment.
As an Industrial Electrician, you will provide guidance to drive out repetitive maintenance problems, reduce maintenance costs, improve equipment reliability, and ensure documentation is up to date on all Plant Systems. You will be a champion for the safe operation of the mill and be involved in safety activities that move the mill to an injury-free environment and implement maintenance improvement projects to eliminate recurring problems.
Weyerhaeuser provides competitive wages and an excellent total compensation package including a health plan, 401(k), retirement plan, paid holidays, vacation, disability, life insurance, and more.
Key Functions: * Ensure the safety of associates by identifying safety issues and having the courage to intervene * Safely repair & troubleshoot industrial electrical systems to ensure uptime, production volume and quality goals are met * Responsible for preventative maintenance * Support goals and objectives of the entire maintenance team * Create and update site electrical documentation
- High school diploma or GED
- Must have at least two (2) years of electrical experience in an industrial environment and/or an electrical degree
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical systems
- Able to work safely and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- Able to work any shift, weekend, overtime, holiday as needed
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, & physical
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Ability to write legibly and communicate as necessary to accomplish tasks
- Able to complete forklift training
- Able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from heights, work in small and restricted areas, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Must have basic computer skills
- Resume detailing your education and work history required
- PLC experience is a plus
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician
Requisition ID: 01012570