Weyerhaeuser Production Team Member in Philadelphia, Mississippi
Weyerhaeuser Company is accepting applications for Production Team Members for our Philadelphia, MS Lumber facility. We are seeking individuals who are committed to safety, have a positive attitude, excellent work ethic, and a desire to work in a manufacturing facility.
The starting rate for this position is $16.15 per hour. Relocation is not available for this position.
The Philadelphia operation is a random length sawmill primarily producing lumber up to 20 feet in length with some specialty related capacity. Philadelphia, MS is located in east central Mississippi and filled with natural beauty and small-town charm. Whether you enjoy unique county fairs, resort entertainment, outdoor recreational activities, professional rodeos, golfing, historic landmarks or shopping, Neshoba County and Philadelphia, MS offers the best in recreation, relaxation, and entertainment.
Key Functions: * Total commitment to working safe and following all safety rules and regulations. * Responsible for cleaning the assigned production area - sweeping and removing debris. * Responsible for operating equipment in assigned area. * Feeding or placing items onto equipment for processing or removing items after processing. * Interpreting work instructions adequately and successfully completing tasks as delegated. * Safe start up and shut down of equipment in assigned area of responsibility. * Must demonstrate willingness and ability.
- High school diploma or GED
- Steady, documented work history
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Willing to work in Philadelphia, MS without requiring relocation assistance
- Follow all company policies and procedures
- Able to perform basic math and basic computer skills
- Able and willing to work overtime, weekends, holidays, as well as night and rotating shift
- Work safely and wear all required personal protective equipment
- Ability to safely work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions and around moving manufacturing equipment and machinery
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of the position, which includes climbing stairs/ladders, navigating catwalks, working from heights, lifting 2-20 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally, stooping, bending and standing or walking for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Must be team oriented – put team’s needs ahead of individual interests, accepts personal accountability for team’s plans and results, work to develop trust and respect, take initiative and solve issues
- Ability to demonstrate open, honest and regular exchange of information and treat all employees with respect and dignity
- Willingness and ability to learn new jobs and skills
- Must be willing to flow to work as business needs
- Able to conduct visual equipment inspections, perform basic preventive maintenance and assist maintenance in troubleshooting/improving equipment
- Able to complete forklift training
- Resume detailing education and work history
The following are preferred: * Experience operating equipment in a manufacturing/industrial environment * Experience in a sawmill or other manufacturing/industrial environment * Experience driving mobile equipment / forklift * Post Application Requirements: * Successful completion of pre-employment computer based testing/interview * Successful completion of pre-employment background check, physical, and drug screen
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Team Member
Requisition ID: 01017230