Weyerhaeuser Director, Acquisitions in Seattle, Washington
The Director, Acquisitions is part of the Acquisitions & Divestitures team in the Finance organization. This team, with diverse backgrounds in finance, accounting, forestry, commercial real estate and law, leads portfolio management, including strategy development, asset valuation and implementation. The Director, Acquisitions is responsible for shaping and leading the Company’s acquisition program. The position is located in Seattle, WA. Other Weyerhaeuser office locations will be considered for the right candidate, but presence in Seattle is desired for optimal career progression.
The Director, Acquisitions is expected to identify, source and successfully manage timberland transactions that support portfolio optimization and create value for the company. Success will require strong leadership and teamwork skills, including the ability to manage high performing individuals and lead cross functional teams throughout the organization. The ability to successfully manage a fast paced and rapidly changing set of high-impact priorities is key.
- *Portfolio Evaluation*: Evaluate the company’s timberland holdings to identify strategic - growth markets - * Strategy Execution*: Define and lead the execution of the company’s acquisition strategy to maximize the value of its timberland and manufacturing portfolio - *Internal Relationship*s: Cultivate strong internal relationships to support the formation of highly effective cross functional teams and ensure alignment with company strategy - *External Networks*: Develop and maintain, in collaboration with other WY senior leaders, a strong network with key representatives of timberland market participants - *Valuation Support*: Develop a deep understanding of timberland markets to build a position on timberland valuation for company lands and acquisition opportunities - *Transaction Leadership*: Execute a disciplined process to quickly and thoroughly evaluate timberland transactions. Work closely with valuation, operational, legal, finance, tax and other teams to conduct thorough due diligence on candidate properties and successfully manage transaction processes
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Forestry, Finance, or related field. MBA or graduate degree preferred
- 10 years professional experience including 5 years of timberland investment, management and/or real estate transaction responsibilities. (The successful candidate will be able to draw upon his/her experience in timber markets, operations, silviculture and/or land transactions to thoroughly evaluate timberland investment opportunities.)
- Strong financial analysis skills, with demonstrated capacity to evaluate investment opportunities
- Commitment to Company Values: Safety, Integrity, Citizenship and Sustainability
- Personal qualities demonstrate the ability to act with urgency, be accountable, collaborative and willingness to be courageous
- Demonstrated people leadership and professional development skills
- Ability to build and cultivate strong and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Willing to travel overnight approximately 30% of the time Weyerhaeuser Weyerhaeuser Company, one of the world’s largest private owners of timberlands, began operations in 1900. We own or control 12.4 million acres of timberlands in the U.S. and manage additional timberlands under long-term licenses in Canada. We manage these timberlands on a sustainable basis in compliance with internationally recognized forestry standards. We are also one of the largest manufacturers of wood products. In 2017, we generated $7.2 billion in net sales and employed approximately 9,300 people who serve customers worldwide. We are listed on the North American and world Dow Jones Sustainability Indices. Our company is a real estate investment trust and our common stock trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol WY. / / /Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Accounting & Finance
Title: Director, Acquisitions
Requisition ID: 01013031