Weyerhaeuser Experienced Accountant in Seattle, Washington
At Weyerhaeuser, we are an industry leader, with a strong environmental social governance foundation. We sustainably manage forests and manufacture wood products that make the world a better place. We’re committed to being a leader in climate change solutions and to our company values: safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion; driven to achieve excellence; and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people like you who are passionate about making a difference.
The Accounting team is dynamic and well-respected. The team has a strong reputation, established and maintained by knowledgeable team members who deliver financial analysis and results to our stakeholders. We are focused on your personal and career development, giving you opportunities to see all aspects of Weyerhaeuser’s financial environment and gain the skills to advance to different roles throughout the company.
Your impact – You will provide key analysis and recommendations to leaders. You have the drive to make a difference, provide value, and have great judgement. You act with urgency, and are an accountable, courageous, innovative, self-starter. While understanding complex topics, you have the ability to keep it simple and articulate what really matters. You are smart, authentic, adaptable, and listen. You bring energy to everything you do and like to win. Are you ready to join us?
In this role, your essential functions will be to:
- Provide financial support to a growing company that recorded $7.5 billion in revenue in 2020
- Participate in special projects and initiatives inside and outside of the accounting team
- Work with your peers to identify and implement process improvements
- Perform financial closing activities for a global enterprise with multiple business segments
- Analyze complex financial statements and general ledger accounts
- Prepare and present working papers and accurate support documentation to leaders
- Support audit requirements including internal, external and compliance audits
Teach, guide, and monitor new team members on processes and tasks
Bachelor’s degree or higher
- One (1) to three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance, or a related field
- CPA eligibility is preferred
Our investment in you:
- Clear and transparent role progression focused on your development, including:
- Daily work and projects that stretch and grow your capabilities
- Networking and coaching opportunities with a wide array of professionals, including senior leaders
- Gain experience with enterprise software
- Support of your pursuit of CPA certification
- Competitive starting salary with annual bonuses via participation in our Annual Incentive Plan
- Paid vacation, health benefits, 401K matching and retirement plan contributions
- A flexible work policy that allows you to work remotely a minimum of three days per week
Does this sound like you? Are you ready to make a difference in our environment and communities? If your answer is yes, then the Weyerhaeuser Accounting team is the right place for you to start your career. Apply at Weyerhaeuser.com/careers and let’s start talking about your future and a partnership with us at Weyerhaeuser!
At Weyerhaeuser, we are the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. Sustainability is the founding concept of our business, and our values drive every decision to ensure we continue to lead the forestry industry in sustainability practices. And we know about sustainability – we led it in the forestry industry when we planted our first seedling by hand in 1938. We recognize that our success is dependent on the success of our people. For over 100 years, our Weyerhaeuser team has been making a difference in the world – from the seedlings we plant, to the forests and trees we nurture, we ensure every acre is managed with diligence, patience, and pride. That’s the Weyerhaeuser way.
When you join our team, you’ll earn competitive pay, a generous retirement plan contribution/match and comprehensive health benefits. We also support personal volunteerism, sponsor diversity networks, promote mentoring, and provide training and development opportunities to help you chart your path to a fulfilling career. Come join us in our quest to effectively manage the most sustainable, versatile resource on earth – our forests.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Accounting & Finance
Title: Experienced Accountant
Requisition ID: 01017214