Weyerhaeuser Financial Reporting Accountant in Seattle, Washington
At Weyerhaeuser, we are an industry leader, with a strong environmental, social, and governance foundation. We sustainably manage forests and manufacture wood products that make the world a better place. We’re committed to being a leader in climate change solutions and to our company’s core values: safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion; driven to achieve excellence; and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people like you who are passionate about making a difference.
The Accounting team is dynamic and well-respected. The team has a strong reputation, established and maintained by knowledgeable team members who deliver financial analysis and results to our stakeholders accurately and in a timely manner. We are focused on your personal and career development, giving you opportunities to see all aspects of Weyerhaeuser’s financial environment and gain the skills to advance to different roles throughout the company.
Your impact – You will provide key analysis and recommendations to leaders. You have the drive to make a difference, provide value, and have great judgement. You act with urgency, and are accountable, courageous, and innovative. While understanding complex topics, you have the ability to keep it simple and articulate what really matters. You are smart, authentic, adaptable, and you listen. You bring energy to everything you do and like to win. Are you ready to join us?
- In this role, your essential functions will be to:
- Assist with SEC and internal financial reporting, including preparation of 10-K and 10-Q documents
- Support the Investor Relations team in preparing and reviewing earnings materials
- Assist with financial closing activities, such as preparing and reviewing journal entries
- Participate in special projects and initiatives inside and outside of the accounting team
- Work with your peers to identify and implement process improvements
- Analyze complex financial statements and general ledger accounts
- Prepare and present working papers and accurate supporting documentation to leaders
Support audit requirements including internal, external and compliance audits
You have a bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Zero (0) to three (3) years of experience in accounting, finance or a related field
- CPA or CPA eligibility is preferred
Our investment in you:
- Clear and transparent role progression focused on your development, including:
- Daily work and projects that stretch and grow your capabilities
- Networking and coaching opportunities with a wide array of professionals, including senior leaders
- Gain experience with enterprise software
- Support of your pursuit of CPA certification
- Competitive starting salary with annual bonuses via participation in our Annual Incentive Plan
- Paid vacation, health benefits, 401(k) matching and retirement plan contributions
- A flexible work policy that allows you to work remotely a minimum of three days per week
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us! If you believe in the same core values that we do - safety, integrity, citizenship, sustainability, and inclusion – then we believe Weyerhaeuser will be an incredible place for you to develop and grow your career.
Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.
Does this sound like you? If your answer is yes, apply at Weyerhaeuser.com/careers and let’s start talking about your future and a partnership with us at Weyerhaeuser!
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Accounting & Finance
Title: Financial Reporting Accountant
Requisition ID: 01018328