Weyerhaeuser TREE IT Transportation – IT App Services Dev/Analyst in Seattle, Washington
At Weyerhaeuser, our IT team is on a mission to help make Weyerhaeuser the world’s premier timber, land, and forest products company. We’re not just in the cloud, we’re implementing technology that keeps us at the forefront of innovation in our industry. We run a mix of commercial software and fully integrated, custom, applications that support out Timberland harvesting and transportation teams. We are currently in the deployment process of bringing new technology to our operations. If you want to be part of a world-class technology team changing the world we live in – come grow with us!
The TREE IT Transportation team is hiring an innovative and enthusiastic individual to join our team, focusing on IT solutions for the Timberlands transportation functions. We pride ourselves on our work life balance standards and have a strong focus on people development. We provide flexible work hours and remote work options to fit your work style.
The App Services Dev/Analyst will be responsible for administering our mobile device management (MDM) environment and the Android-based devices used across our US Timberlands operating areas, including device procurement, provisioning, setup, and shipping to Weyerhaeuser locations; remote administrations and troubleshooting (Tier-3 support for device end-users); planning, coordinating, and executing projects for application or device updates. As an App Services Dev/Analyst, you will have a customer-focused, analytical approach with your business partners and IT teammates. This includes following IT standards and processes for incident, problem resolution, and change implementation. Building strong relationships with your business partners and understanding the importance of delivering data and process standards across our technology landscape will be critical.
This is an exciting and unique role that combines working daily with customers on solutions and business process improvements, and the opportunity to gain deep knowledge of the technology and business domains of Weyerhaeuser Timberlands.
Deep knowledge and experience with mobile device management (MDM) platforms, including setup, administration, troubleshooting, and monitoring.
In-depth knowledge and experience working with Android-based mobile devices - especially tablets - including procurement, provisioning, setup, and troubleshooting (hands-on and remote).
Fully understands Weyerhaeuser’s key behaviors and core values.
Understands business processes and the role of the IT solutions in the execution of business processes.
Develops, builds, configures, tests, documents, deploys, and provides on-going support & management of systems and tools and their related processes.
Develops a sound understanding of relevant technologies to assess and implement software solutions.
Investigates, plans, and recommends enhancements to existing solutions to improve performance, usability, reliability, supportability, and costs.
Participates in the preparation of requirements specifications, detailed technical designs, and build phases of the overall software development lifecycle, as well as working closely with business partners in US Timberlands operations
Acts as technical consultant on major or complex enhancements and projects related to strategic custom apps.
Works with architects and senior developers to ensure the effective implementation of the detailed technical designs.
Understands alternatives, makes decisions, and partners with team members to meet business needs.
Performs advanced root cause analysis and provides appropriate resolution.
Educates users on how to use the solutions and systems for optimal business value, including creation and delivery of training content.
Maintains support documentation and related knowledgebase.
Works tickets using the standard support tools for incident management, problem management, and change control.
Skilled in working with high level of autonomy.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of progressive, relevant information technology experience
- Possesses significant technical knowledge and skills, with experience in multiple technology areas
- Actively works to learn new skills to stay current with changing technologies and industry trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skilled in communicating technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Excellent collaboration skills in working together with others across all IT segments
- Established as a trusted colleague within IT and actively developing connections with business partners
- Committed to self-development and learning, and shares knowledge proactively with others
- Proficient in solving highly complex problems and technical issues
- Proficient at leading small to medium-sized projects
- Develop an understanding of the Weyerhaeuser Timberlands supply-chain, the underlying business processes, and a deep understanding of the Transportation domain
- Able to apply business knowledge to develop and deliver innovative, value-added improvements
- Proven ability to operate and effectively communicate while under pressure, as well as the ability to manage a diverse workload and work under time constraints with minimal supervision
- Able to multi-task and manage multiple priorities concurrently
Transportation or supply chain operations experience.
Knowledge of SQL database design, analysis, and scripting.
Samsung Knox or Microsoft Intune MDM platform experience.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team./
Job: *Information Technology
Title: *TREE IT Transportation – IT App Services Dev/Analyst *
Requisition ID: 01017219
Other Locations: USA-WA-Longview, USA-AR-Hot Springs, USA-OR-Springfield, USA-MT-Kalispell