Weyerhaeuser Capital Projects-Reliability Engineering Manager in Simsboro, Louisiana
Arcadia OSB is seeking an experienced individual to lead the site’s reliability program and oversee capital projects. The successful candidate will be responsible for all elements of the Reliability Plan; strategic and tactical review of the mill’s manufacturing processes and systems to reach and maintain excellence in the areas of equipment and process reliability. Additionally, the successful candidate should capably manage the gate process for capital investitures through completion.
This is a salaried exempt position reporting to the Mill Manager at Weyerhaeuser’s Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing facility located in Simsboro, Louisiana. Simsboro, next to Arcadia, is 20 minutes west of Ruston, 45 minutes west of Monroe, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line.
The Reliability Engineering Manager is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role.
The Reliability Engineering Manager is responsible for:
- Leading and championing all elements of the Reliability Plan, to include Reliability-Centered Maintenance (RCM), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), work-flow management (to include planning, scheduling, kitting, etc.), and storeroom management
- Being familiar with predictive maintenance (PdM) maintenance technologies including vibration, infrared thermal imaging, alignment, balancing, and lubrication
- Remaining current with new equipment, technology and updated maintenance methods
- Championing precision maintenance techniques as the replacement for reactive repair techniques
- Developing and managing a technical training program to improve both the baseline and advanced levels of knowledge of technicians and operators
- Actively assessing opportunities to incorporate predictive maintenance techniques and technology into current equipment maintenance strategies
- Actively using business systems to analyze the effectiveness of technical solutions and capturing knowledge sharing
- Leading and guiding the flow of capital projects, including gate commitments and work site activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline OR equivalent experience and/or degree
- Minimum of 5 years senior maintenance and/or process reliability experience in an industrial environment
- Minimum of 5 years capital project management
- Competency in implementing Operator Driven Reliability (ODR) directly with operations teams
- Competency in RCM techniques and experience utilizing RCM to optimize equipment maintenance strategies
- Understanding of theory and application of predictive maintenance technologies
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis and the use of RCA to facilitate investigations
- Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and basic PLC programming/troubleshooting
- Prior experience in project management, to include capital projects, and strong analytical, planning, organization and time management skills
- Proven commitment to safety and safety initiatives
- Evident business leadership skills with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various, diverse audiences through the use of strong oral and written communication skills
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style, with the proven ability to develop and nurture strong relationships
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Ability to physically perform the requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include working in extreme temperatures and to be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces
- 5 years plant Engineering experience
- Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professional (CMRP), Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE), or equivalent
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent.
- Experience in OSB manufacturing
- Competent practitioner of LEAN process optimization practices with experience leading continuous improvement projects
- Knowledge of Access or Oracle, SAP, MS Schedule, MS Project or other scheduling software
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Engineering, Science, & Architecture
Title: Capital Projects-Reliability Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 01016173