Weyerhaeuser Engineering Intern in Simsboro, Louisiana
Weyerhaeuser Company is providing internship experiences at our Arcadia OSB manufacturing facility. This is an excellent professional development opportunity,
As a valued member of a friendly, supportive and professional team, interns: * Gain professional experiences with current technology while contributing to significant projects * Build communication, interpersonal, and teamwork skills essential to a successful career * Connect with people across the company to learn about career opportunities
Key Intern Functions: Intern roles and responsibilities may include but are not limited to: * Resolving a manufacturing issue by leading a mill trial (writing the trial plan, coordination, data analysis, communicating of results and report writing) * Participation in capital or maintenance project team * Maintaining level of preservation of mill infrastructure * Assisting mill process owners in optimizing process economics and process controls * Working with team development managers to improve team performance * Other duties/ projects as assigned or required as needed. Key Intern Expectations: * Dependability – punctual and prepared to work * Professional communication and behaviors * Commitment to learning and understanding critical safety behavior requirements
- Pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- Must be able to commit to a three-month internship
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Technical writing capability.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team environment.
- Well-developed problem solving and analytical skills.
- High level of initiative and motivation.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Willingness to work weekends as operating conditions require
- Eligible to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Willingness to work in a challenging environment (outdoor temperature extremes)
- Willingness to perform the essential job functions of this position
About Wood Products:
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/ / / Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Administrative, General Management, Legal, Real Estate, & Miscellaneous
Title: Engineering Intern
Requisition ID: 01016788