Weyerhaeuser Human Resources Business Partner in Simsboro, Louisiana
At Weyerhaeuser, our most valued resources aren't only the trees and manufacturing sites we oversee. Our employees are the real reason we've been in business for more than 100 years. Their skill and ingenuity have made Weyerhaeuser one of the leaders in manufacturing and distribution of wood products, and in timberlands management in the world.
This position is located in Simsboro, LA and is part of the Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) Leadership Team and the Weyerhaeuser Panels Human Resources Team. This position reports to the Human Resources Director, Panels with dotted-line responsibility to the Mill Manager. As a strategic partner, the Human Resources Business Partner is responsible for the overall leadership and management of the human resources systems at the Arcadia operations. This position focuses on meeting business performance objectives through effective HR planning, development, coaching and problem solving.
About Simsboro, LA:
Simsboro, next to Arcadia, is 20 minutes west of Ruston, 45 minutes west of Monroe, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line. Arcadia is a vibrant, safe and friendly community that is full of lively, adventurous and scenic activities.
*Key Functions: *
- Serve as a member of the lead team promoting the safety and well-being of all the associates in the manufacturing facility
- Major responsibilities include providing direct support and consultation
- Role model Weyerhaeuser Key Values including Safety, Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability, and Inclusion
- Strategic business partner to the Arcadia leadership team as well as the broader Product Line HR team
- Provide top-quality coaching, consultations, and solutions in all areas of HR, including employee relations, talent management, and leadership training
- Work closely with management and the employees to improve work relationships, build morale, increase productivity and retention
- Partner with site leaders to develop strategic workforce plans to meet current and future talent needs
- Partner with local community high schools, colleges, and universities to create pipelines of future talent
- Administer and provide guidance on compensation review/planning and performance management processes
- Partner with leaders to develop and implement diversity and inclusion strategies
- Responsible for salaried and hourly staffing functions (including sourcing, recruiting, retention, and on-boarding process)
- Promote and encourage innovative thoughts and ideas
- Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions and programs
- Ensure site compliance with state and federal laws
- Participate in business-wide HR initiatives and continuous improvement projects
The successful candidates must possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management or a related field
- At least 5 years of Human Resources experience or equivalent HR Business Partner role
- Experience providing counsel to leaders and employees on issues
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to influence and build positive relationships across all levels of the organization
- Experience in multiple HR disciplines including compensation practices, employee relations, talent management, diversity, performance management, and federal and state laws
- Strong levels of personal and professional integrity
- Able to build trust and maintain confidentiality as a key confidante of employees and management
- Demonstrated safety leadership
- Strong coaching and influencing skills
- Experience in leading change management initiatives
- Ability to effectively navigate through ambiguous situations
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, assess HR implications and manage details
- Excellent computer skills, including proficient in MS Office (Excel., Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation and facilitation skills
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional HR certification is an asset
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Human Resources & Health/Safety/Quality
Title: Human Resources Business Partner
Requisition ID: 01016183