Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Manager-Arcadia in Simsboro, Louisiana
This is a salaried exempt position at Weyerhaeuser’s Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing facility located in Simsboro, Louisiana. Arcadia is 20 minutes west of Ruston, 45 minutes west of Monroe, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for all maintenance operations including equipment safety, maximizing machine productivity and uptime, and the general condition and upkeep of the facility. This position reports directly to the Mill Manager and is a member of the Arcadia OSB Leadership Team. * * Key Functions: The Maintenance Manager is expected to be a role model in our safety standards and on-the-job behavior by living our core values of Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion. Principles of integrity, fairness, creating a positive and inclusive work environment and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates are key to the success of this role. Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state, and local laws and environmental regulations.
The Maintenance Manager is responsible for: * Development and management of all maintenance activities, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority * Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability * Managing improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions and for department budget cost effectiveness. * Development and training of associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management * Participating in and/or leading initiatives for capital projects and problem-solving activities * Assuring purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures * Supporting, maintaining and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability * Facilitation of team meetings & trainings * Identification of safety, environmental, quality & production issues * Provision of leadership for the ongoing development of the organization, as well as the strategic development of individual talent for succession planning * Management of budgets including capital planning, contributions to controllable margin and optimizing financial levers * Maintain long-term big picture view to forecast obstacles and opportunities training and developing skills to enhance team performance * Encourage innovation among associates within the department * Leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds teamwork, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner * Staff, recruit, retain and develop talent
- Five (5) years' experience as a key leader (department head or higher) in a manufacturing facility
- Evident business leadership skills and with the ability to clearly communicate vision and strategy to various audiences
- Ability to develop and nurture strong relationships
- Ability to motivate, engage and develop strong teams
- Previous experience with project management, to include capital projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems
- Strong decision and problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to drive results to achieve financial goals
- Collaborative and inclusive leadership style
- Willingness to work weekends and holidays when operating conditions require
- Ability to physically perform requirements of working in a 24/7 operating facility, to include ability to work in extreme temperatures and be ambulatory in an industrial environment with catwalks and uneven surfaces* *
Preferred: * Bachelor’s degree in Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering * Experience in plywood / veneer manufacturing * Experience with LEAN processes About Weyerhaeuser: We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Manager-Arcadia
Requisition ID: 01015789