Weyerhaeuser Maintenance Supervisor in Simsboro, Louisiana
Weyerhaeuser Company is searching for a Maintenance Supervisor for the Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) manufacturing facility located near Simsboro, Louisiana.
This position is part of the Weyerhaeuser Wood Products Business and reports to the Maintenance Manager. It is a full time, exempt position. The Maintenance Supervisor plans, leads and directs the daily activities of a team of millwrights, electricians, and multi-craft technicians in the areas of Safety, Quality and Maintenance for all equipment, buildings and rolling stock.
Key Functions: The Maintenance Supervisor is expected to role model our safety standards and exhibit our core principles of integrity; fairness, creating a positive, inclusive work environment, and ensuring open communication among leaders and associates. Accountabilities include ensuring compliance with all applicable Weyerhaeuser, federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
* *The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for: * Executing maintenance activities in assigned areas, with Safety of associates and contractors being the highest priority * Leading preventive & predictive maintenance/process reliability in assigned shift and area * Analyze data to ensure proper down day tasks * Administrative and reporting activities * Supporting improvement of key performance indicators, continuous improvement of maintenance functions, and for department budget cost effectiveness. * Development and training of associates including coaching, mentoring and performance management * Participates and/or leads initiatives for capital projects and problem-solving activities as assigned * Assures purchasing functions follow established policies and procedures * Supporting, maintaining, and improving processes associated with the computerized maintenance management system for process reliability * Facilitating team meetings & trainings with assigned team * Identifying safety, environmental, quality & production issues * Provide leadership for the ongoing development of the maintenance team * Support training and development plans to improve skills, knowledge and team performance * Encouraging innovation and providing innovative solutions * Leads the team by proactively resolving employee issues, builds team work, and ensures adherence to all applicable site policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner * Staff, recruit, retain and develop talent /NOTE: FORMAL RESUME MUST BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION/.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of maintenance leadership experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment.
- Strong business leadership skills with the ability to understand and support the site's vision, strategy, goals and targets
- Experience in preventive and predictive maintenance methods.
- Proven skills in hydraulics and pneumatics troubleshooting.
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mechanical knowledge of manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Ability to identify root cause of problems and effectively initiate corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Must have excellent team building, problem solving, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating collaborative and inclusive leadership skills as well as positive influence and accomplishments in proactively influencing safety, quality, productivity and people development.
- Ability to provide innovative solutions to continuously improve maintenance processes and eliminate unscheduled downtime.
- Ability to plan, lead and executive day to day maintenance activities
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays as conditions require.
- Must be computer literate with experience in Microsoft program suite.
- Ability to learn and use software associated with maintenance tracking systems.
- Ability to work in extreme temperatures and at heights should conditions warrant
- Uploaded resume detailing work experience must be included in order to be considered for this position
The following qualifications are highly preferred: * Experience in electrical and PLC programming and/or troubleshooting * Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering * Vocational Technical training certificate. * Experience in OSB manufacturing process. * Experience with LEAN processes. * Experience with SAP, Maximo or other computerized maintenance tracking software.
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. *We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/ / /Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Maintenance Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01014165