Weyerhaeuser Production Associate in Simsboro, Louisiana
Weyerhaeuser Company is seeking qualified candidates who wish to be considered as part of a candidate pool for future opportunities as full-time entry level production team members at our Arcadia Oriented Strand Board Mill (OSB) located in Simsboro, Louisiana.
Key Functions: * Responsible for the daily operation of manufacturing equipment that produces oriented strand board. * Perform regular Preventive Maintenance and clean-up on equipment. * Work safely and effectively in a team environment. * Problem solve and troubleshoot equipment and issues on a regular basis. * Involvement in ongoing process improvement in the work area. * Operate forklifts and other mobile equipment to manage product flow. * Perform quality checks and ensure production of a quality product. * Complete shift paperwork and recordkeeping. * Attend team meetings and regular training sessions.
Competitive starting wage along with Gainsharing bonus opportunities. Benefits include 401K match, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Two (2) years employment experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Eligible to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Willingness & ability to work a 12-hour rotating schedule which will include weekends and holidays
- Good communication skills
- Able to perform basic math and use computers
- Successful completion of pre-employment testing process
- Ability to work within a team setting
- Willingness and ability to cross train to learn new jobs & skills
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of the position, which includes climbing stairs, navigating catwalks, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping, and bending.
- Ability to successfully complete a pre-employment background check, education verification and drug screen.
- Must attach a resume which adequately documents employment history
- Willingness to work in Simsboro, LA without requiring relocation assistance
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products. * * * * About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Production Associate
Requisition ID: 01014141