Weyerhaeuser Quality Control Manager-Manufacturing in Simsboro, Louisiana
The successful candidate will implement and maintain the OSB facility quality management system, ensure that all saleable product adheres to our manufacturing standards, and provide technical expertise and scientific approaches to problem solving at a manufacturing level. The Unit Technical Director is accountable and responsible for leadership and development of the lab technical associates.
This is a full-time, exempt position that operates as a member of the mill leadership team. This position will spend time in both an office setting and operational setting which may include hot, cold, wet, and humid conditions in a wood products OSB manufacturing environment. This position may periodically require extended or varied hours to accomplish tasks and provide support to the mill.
This position reports to the Mill Manager with a dotted line to the OSB BusinessTechnical Manager/Director and does the following: * Acts as a role model for our core values: Safety, Integrity, Citizenship, Sustainability and Inclusion * Provides technical expertise and leadership regarding mill processes, product quality and performance * Safely and effectively manages the onsite technical staff and is the owner of the technical related processes and procedures * Provides mentoring and coaching to advance mill associate technical knowledgeEffectively integrates and maintains the integrated business Quality Management System (QMS) at the mill. * Oversees adequacy of the site-level job instructions/reliable methods and their accuracy against the Manufacturing Standards and BOPs * Leads and contributes to Continuous Improvement Projects * Orders all resin and wax and is responsible to ensure proper inventory levels and adherence to the appropriate specifications. * Applies statistical process control techniques and works with department managers to actively improve panel properties, reduce process variation, improve product recovery, and improve production * Optimizes and maintains product performance to meet all specified metrics * Develops and executes mill level trials and related reporting * Implementation of new products or technologies at the unit working with Sales, Business Technical, Engineering, and Product Engineering Codes and Standards group * Maintains QC lab test equipment * Monitors and reports the mill quality performance (month end reports) to the mill manager and OSB Business Technical teams. * Interacts with the technical team, engineering team, mill associates, sales team, and customers as it relates to products manufactured and/or quality claims * Investigates Quality Notifications thoroughly and provide timely feedback, including identification of the appropriate root cause(s), with recommended corrections * Participates in regular technical information-sharing discussions * Interface with third-party certification agencies to ensure that QMS is in alignment with agency or customer standards and protocol * Stays abreast of industry trends and developments and participates in continuous education programs and training
- A Bachelor's Degree in Wood Sciences or Engineering-related field will be highly preferred; Non-related degrees or the equivalent amount of working experience will also be considered
- Minimum 3-5 years technical leadership experience in a manufacturing field. OSB experience and knowledge highly preferred.
- Quality Control focus
- Must have track record of consistently demonstrating leadership skills as well as positive influence and recognition of accomplishments in safety, quality, productivity, change management, and people development
- Demonstrated success in working with customers, direct reports, peers, other department employees including managers
- Team oriented and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be pro-active in process improvements and have excellent follow-through in meeting commitments.
- Strong Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and experience with industrial statistics and statistical analysis
- Capable of managing multiple projects with strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Must be able to prioritize, multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Critical thinker with an enthusiastic and positive approach toward employees and work
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to diverse groups of people at all levels both inside and outside the organization
- Ability to meet timelines and deal tactfully and courteously with business stakeholders About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us.
About Wood Products We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products. / / /Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /#SD/
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Quality Control Manager-Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 01014116