Weyerhaeuser Quality Control Supervisor in Simsboro, Louisiana
Weyerhaeuser Company is searching for a Quality Control Supervisor for the Arcadia Oriented Strand Board (OSB) facility in Simsboro, Louisiana.
Arcadia OSB is located in the Sportsman's Paradise of Lincoln Parish in north central Louisiana. It is situated near Ruston and Grambling, Louisiana, home to Louisiana Tech and Grambling State Universities. The mill is located 20 minutes west of Ruston, 45 minutes west of Monroe, 55 minutes east of Shreveport, and an hour south of the Louisiana/Arkansas state line.
The Quality Control (QC) Supervisor is responsible for the safety and supervision of the site’s quality control technicians as well as other technical functions. This position reports to the Technical Manager.
The QC Supervisor is responsible for the development and management of the quality control department. Key aspects may include, but are not limited to:
- Ownership of the quality manual and all associated Standard Operating Procedures
- Participation in mill safety efforts
- Coordination with third party certifying agency
- Inventory management of certain process raw materials and other supplies
- Working with site operations and maintenance departments to troubleshoot and resolve product quality issues
- Coordinate mill-scale trials for product improvement, new product development, or other qualifications
- Develop personal knowledge of technical aspects of OSB manufacturing
The following qualifications are required:
- Demonstrated ability to role-model safe work practices
- Bachelor's degree in a Science or Engineering field
- Demonstrated problem-solving experience
- Demonstrated experience with statistical methods
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to support a 24/7 operation including nights, weekend, and holiday coverage
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the position which may include: Climbing stairs and ladders, Lifting up to 50 lbs, Working in temperature extremes
The following qualifications are preferred but not required:
- Knowledge of the OSB manufacturing process
- Experience working in an industrial setting
- Experience in a supervisor or leadership role
- Experience with statistical software packages (e.g. Mintitab, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.)
- Experience with Power BI
- Application and knowledge of LEAN manufacturing tools
- Knowledge of quality control techniques and wood technology measurements
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team. /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Quality Control Supervisor
Requisition ID: 01016593