Weyerhaeuser Senior Buyer in Simsboro, Louisiana
This position is a part of the Mid-South Manufacturing Region. It will directly support three (3) manufacturing facilities to include Arcadia OSB in Simsboro, LA; Zwolle ELP in Zwolle, LA; and Emerson ELP in Emerson, AR. The position will report directly to the mill manager of the Arcadia OSB manufacturing facility, with a strong dotted line reporting relationship to the mill managers of the Zwolle facility and the Emerson facility. This is a Full Time, Exempt position that will be located in Northern Louisiana but require flexibility to travel among the three sites.
This position provides procurement support to our wood products manufacturing facilities listed above. We’re looking for an experienced individual who is highly motivated, a self-starter and capable of working without direct supervision. Procurement activities include Contract negotiations with suppliers, purchasing of all non-routine materials and services and looking for creative ways to reduce customer cost.
* Pursue opportunities to consolidate larger dollar purchases and supply management across the region.
* Prepare and issue request for proposals with required standards and specifications, evaluate bid responses, contract creation, negotiation and award, verify history of supplier service and their ability to meet contract specification.
* Recommend and Pre-Qualify new suppliers based on Safety, quality, service and competitive pricing.
* Perform procurement functions for non-routine goods and services utilizing SAP and other legacy systems.
* Source a wide variety of commodities and services and provide Project support to Maintenance and Engineering personnel.
* Perform procurement and transaction processing activities at various locations (these are materials/services that are not covered by a national or regional contract; or in the current catalog or inventory system, or currently sourced or provided by a contracted supplier). * Create and manage local or regional contracts for supplies and services.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR CPM/CPSM AND 6 years of experience of purchasing management in a manufacturing environment OR 10 years of purchasing management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in maintenance and capital project support, including bidding, negotiating, contract award and administration.
- Working knowledge of commercial terms and business laws.
- Ability to research and source product/services and conduct value analysis by analyzing data and identifying options.
- Experience in bidding, negotiating, preparing and administering contracts and agreements for goods and/or services.
- Committed to continuous improvement as both a supplier and customer.
- Cost conscious and business performance oriented.
- Working understanding of materials management. Ability to work closely with storeroom associates.
- Proven strong business acumen and ability to obtain results, including problem solving techniques.
- Advanced buying techniques i.e., SAP Scheduling Agreements
- Understanding of investment recovery
- Strategic implementation of processes, procedures, and best practices expertise.
- Customer oriented and focused (both internal and external).
- Effective problem-solving techniques and capability to analyze and recognize process efficiency opportunities.
- Effective communication skills (oral, written and listening) and interpersonal skills required to interact and participate in a Team Environment.
- Demonstrated skills in business writing, verbal communication and analytical processes.
- Committed to professional and ethical standards.
- Proven credibility and integrity as a purchasing professional with both the customer and supplier community.
- Proven ability to manipulate, calculate, analyze, and summarize data in MS Excel.
- Working knowledge of accounting functions that apply to purchasing.
- Leadership experience.
- Exposure in Materials and Requirements Planning (MRP) systems and maintenance/operations planning.
- SAP, ERP system knowledge a plus.
- Experience in analytical tools such as Pivot tables, Power BI, or the like.
- Related experience in the forest products industry or manufacturing environment
About Wood Products
We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support.
For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference.
*We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. *
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./
Job: *Procurement, Logistics, & Transportation
Title: Senior Buyer
Requisition ID: 01015660