Weyerhaeuser Industrial Electrician in Vanceboro, North Carolina
Weyerhaeuser's New Bern lumber manufacturing facility is looking for skilled Industrial Electricians with a thorough and comprehensive knowledge of electrical equipment, processes and techniques to repair, modify, install and maintain the facility and high-tech lumber manufacturing equipment. This role will be located in Vanceboro, NC.
This is a bargaining unit position in the United Steel, Paper and Forestry, Rubber, Manufacturing, Energy, Allied Industrial and Service Workers International Union, ITS Local No. 1325. The role requires strong electrical technical skills along with basic mechanical skills in this multi-craft environment. Competitive wage and benefits package included.
All candidates must be safety conscious, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, experienced in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a market-focused, team environment.
We offer a very competitive New Hire wage based on level of experience!
- Able to work safely and follow all company safety policies and procedures
- PLC experience is required
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have at least three (3) years industrial electrical/process control experience or an electrical degree
- Basic mechanical knowledge
- Able to work any shift, weekend, overtime, holiday as needed
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen, background check, & physical
- Able to work in extreme temperatures, in dusty and noisy conditions, while wearing safety equipment
- Must have demonstrated leadership and team skills
- Ability to write legibly and communicate as necessary to accomplish tasks
- Able to lift 2-20 pounds regularly, lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, climb steps and ladders, work from height, work in small and restricted areas, and stand or walk for 2-3 hours at a time for 10 hours
- Experience in troubleshooting electrical systems
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must be able to handle multiple projects effectively
- Must demonstrate willingness and ability to learn new jobs & skills
Have the ability & willingness to perform the essential physical functions of the position.
About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. **
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/ / /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Industrial Electrician
Requisition ID: 01012721