Weyerhaeuser Multicraft Maintenance Technician in Vanceboro, North Carolina
The Weyerhaeuser sawmill located in Vanceboro, NC has an opening for a skilled Multi-Craft Maintenance Technician. The role requires basic multi-craft skills with strong PLC skills and Mechanical/Electrical skills.The Maintenance Team works Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday on 10 hours shifts, with overtime as needed.
* Machine center troubleshooting, repair, assembly and preventative maintenance
* Reading blue print and sketches proficiently to fabricate equipment and make modifications
* Repair or replace chains; belt conveyors; gear boxes/drive chains; hydraulics & pneumatics
* Welding/cutting, and using power tools.
* PLC and VFD troubleshooting and replacement.
* Ladder Logic knowledge and use.
What We Offer: * Competitive wages and benefits * Employees that are regularly scheduled on our Weekend Shift earn a $1.00 an hour premium for all hours worked. This shift is also considered a/DUPONT/schedule (day shifts only), giving employees a weekend off a month. * High-tech process control technology * Continuing educational opportunities * Our Maintenance Technicians have a paid learning progression program that enables them to train on-line, enhance their technical skills and earn more per hour!
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience in circuitry, job planning, machine center alignment and cutting/welding is required
- PLC and VFD troubleshooting and replacement is required
- Ladder Logic knowledge is required
- 3 Phase Motor troubleshooting, repair and replacement is required
- Pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting, repair and replacement is required
- Rigging and Lifting knowledge and experience is required
- Minimum 1 year multi-craft maintenance work experience is required
- Must be willing to work a 10 hour day Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday shift and overtime as necessary
- Willingness and ability to work at heights as well as climbing stairs, lift up to 50 pounds, and work in an environment containing wood dust and extreme heat or cold are required in order to perform the essential job functions
- Ability & willingness to increase knowledge and skill level
- Resume detailing education and work history is required for consideration
- Leadership is a highly valued skill in our mill and all employees are encouraged to participate. All candidates must be safety conscious, self-motivated, possess excellent communication skills, be experienced in working with other crafts, and have a desire to work in a market focused, team environment About Wood Products: We've been delivering quality building products and solutions to our customers for more than 100 years. From builders and dealers to specifiers and homeowners, we offer exceptional product performance and unparalleled support. For more than a century, we’ve been building our reputation as a leader in sustainable wood products.
About Weyerhaeuser We sustainably manage forests and manufacture products that make the world a better place. We’re serious about safety, driven to achieve excellence, and proud of what we do. With multiple business lines in locations across North America, we offer a range of exciting career opportunities for smart, talented people who are passionate about making a difference. We know you have a choice in your career. We want you to choose us. **
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment women, minorities, qualified individuals with disabilities and protected veterans./ / / /*M/ / /
Job: *Operations, Manufacturing, & Construction
Title: Multicraft Maintenance Technician
Requisition ID: 01012837